Well it is quite easy to hide a drive in windows system.You will need administrative rights to hide a drive through command prompt. There isn't much to explain on this topic, so here are the steps that you'll need to follow.
Steps to hide the drive
- Click on start type cmd, right click on the program cmd and select run as administrator.
- Now type diskpart inside command prompt and press enter.
- Type list volume, on pressing enter a list of all the drives on your computer will appear in front of you.
- You can use either the volume Ltr or number in the next command. For example , if I want to remove my drive F then I will type either select volume F or select volume 5 and hit enter. After selecting the drive I will type another command remove letter F and then press enter.
- That's it the drive F: is no longer visible in explorer.
![]() |
| run cmd as administrator |
| diskpart command execution |
| list volume command execution |
| select volume and remove letter commands |
| explorer with hidden drive F: |
To make the drive visible again follow the following steps.
- Follow the first three steps up to list volume command as it is. Select the volume number of the drive you want to make visible again and type select volume volume_letter, since I want to make my drive F: to appear in the explorer I will type select volume 5. After selecting the drive type assign letter F (change F to your drive letter).
- My hidden drive is back in the explorer.
explorer with drive F: back
| select volume and assign letter commands |

Comments
Post a Comment